Generations at Rock Island has partnered with Sound Physicians, one of the nation’s leaders in hospital medicine, to provide an additional layer of physician coverage to all residents on nights, weekends, and holidays.
With the Sound Physicians telemedicine program, our nurses and staff can access on- demand physician support during times when a doctor is not typically in the building. Sound’s tele-hospitalists are board-certified physicians with extensive experience treating the types of acute conditions typically seen in skilled nursing facilities. With the Sound Physicians program in place, we have an additional clinical resource to support higher acuity patients with more complex clinical needs. The partnership’s goal is to improve the overall delivery of care for all residents and reduce unnecessary hospital readmissions.
Expanded Physician Services
Sound Physicians will provide on-shift telemedicine from 7pm to 7am on weekdays and 24 hours on weekends and holidays. With secure, video-enabled technology and integrated diagnostic tools, Sound’s tele-hospitalists will provide residents a full range of enhanced clinical care remotely.
- Evaluation of changes in clinical condition
- Tuck-in service for after-hours admissions (including video consult)
- Assessment and treatment for patient falls
- Patient/family requests and questions
- All general cross-coverage patient needs
- ED transfer management
Benefits of the Program
- Enhanced ability to treat patients at the SNF
- Better management of high acuity, medically complex patients
- Reduced transfers back to the emergency department (ED)
- Improved management of after-hours ED transfers
- Enhanced communication with ED staff
- Reduction in avoidable hospital readmissions